Houston Astros place Alex Bregman on paternity list, recall Taylor Jones from Triple-A
The Houston Astros announced Monday that Alex Bregman has been placed on the paternity list, offering a maximum of three days off. As a result, the club recalled first baseman Taylor Jones from Triple-A Sugar Land.
Bregman was replaced by Chas McCormick in the starting lineup, moving Aledmys Díaz to third base. Jones also played third base and left field for the Space Cowboys and is down .239/.330/.421 this season.
2022 is Jones’ first season in the majors. A trip to the COVID-19 injured list last season kept him out of an impressive offense in August. The Astros signed Marwin Gonzalez shortly thereafter, leaving Jones to reside in Sugar Land.
Scroll to continue
Astros place Bregman on paternity list, Jones recalls
Report: Siri heads to Tampa Bay Rays as part of Mancini’s three-team deal
Report: Astros acquire Mancini in Orioles trade
More SIs inside the Astros:
- Astros Prospect Solomon tosses five no-hitter innings in Triple-A
- Álvarez leaves Mariners for Astros series win
- Artist Brendan Murphy on his signature addition to Minute Maid Park
- Astros should pursue this new receiver available at the MLB trade deadline
- Report: Cardinals expressing interest in Astros’ Odorizzi
- Toro terrorizes the Astros with late-game exploits
- Valdez enters Astros top 30 prospect rankings
- Report: Diamondbacks trade David Peralta to Rays for minor league prospect
- Dodgers acquire reliever Martin from Cubs
- Report: Astros, Rays discuss Ji-Man Choi and Jose Urquidy trade
Be sure to follow Inside the Astros on Twitter @InsideAstrosSI!