Questex 20th Anniversary World Tea Conference and Exhibition to be held March 21-23, 2022 in Las Vegas
Registration is open for the tea industry’s biggest event; Participants will focus on the tea industry, new products and innovation, the latest trends and issues
NEW YORK, December 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Questex’s World Tea Conference + Expo, the premier specialty tea event, will take place March 21-23, 2022 in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The live event will feature a ‘who’s who’ of industry leaders, a dedicated exhibition floor, insightful educational sessions and workshops, a tea bar, a Boba tea experience, immersive workshops and a special 20th anniversary celebration, among other highlights. The event will welcome attendees from the global tea industry, as well as buyers from major verticals.
Registration is now open – with the conference agenda, list of speakers and other details – at WorldTeaExpo.com. Early registration is open until January 31, 2022.
“We are delighted to welcome the global tea industry to the World Tea Conference + Expo in March,” said Tim McLucas, Vice President, Bar & Restaurant, Questex. “Our 2022 event marks the 20the anniversary of the event, and we look forward to celebrating it with the tea community – live and in person. The event has been together for two decades, so it is time to celebrate this achievement, the people who make up the industry and the growth of the tea market in North America since the start of the show. We look forward to seeing everyone in Las Vegas this spring as we continue to build the industry. “
World Tea Conference + Expo – which will take place alongside Questex Bar and restaurant fair – is the premier specialty tea event for the global tea community. He focuses on business building strategies for established tea companies, tea entrepreneurs and those who sell tea. The event examines new ways to increase tea sales and reach vertical markets, tea next steps, innovation and the latest tea products.
The showroom will showcase hundreds of new teas, teaware, brewing accessories, and related goods and services. Here are some of the participating exhibitors: Dethlefsen & Balk, DMH ingredients, Eastern elm, First tea, Marumatsu Tea Company, Menna, Metropolitan tea company, Sri Lankan tea council, The Chai Box, Yichang Xiao’s Tea (Group) Co., Ltd. and more.
For the conference program, many well-known experts will be offering courses to emerging tea industry players and professionals, as well as retailers and vertical market buyers. Some of the educational sessions for 2022 include:
“The Journey of Global Tea Trends” – Art Lopez, tea marketing director, Finlays
“Importing and exporting tea: dos and don’ts” – Nishchal Banskota, founder, Nepal tea
“The role of business in socially just and ecologically sustainable tea” – Jenny Costelloe, Executive Director, Ethical Tea Partnership
“From Napa to Nilgiri: How Fine Wine and Quality Tea Have More in Common Than You Think” – Will Battle, founder, Fine tea merchants
“Changing consumer needs and opportunities for tea ” – Matthew Barry, Senior Beverage Consultant, Euromonitor International
“Herbal Blend: Incorporating Herbs Into Your Tea Program” – Sara Stewart Martinelli, owner, The Boulder Dushanbe tea room
“Boba: the drink from the catwalk and more” – Andrew Chau, co-founder and CEO, Boba guys
“Use digital marketing for an old product” – Jamila McGill and Alfonso Wright, co-founders, Brooklyn tea
“Combine Tea & Bourbon” – Bruce Richardson, founder, Elmwood Inn Fine Teas
“Mixology of cold brewed tea” – Julia Leach, president, LLC
“Teavana: a success or a failure” – Naoko Tsunoda, owner, The key to teas
“Innovation with tea: how this complex made tea a main element of its philosophy of well-being” – Phil Parda, President, International global source
“How To Build A High Profit Online Tea Business In The New Economy” – Dean Jablon, CFO, Lifetime tea
World Tea Conference + Expo will also include:
– Tea business incubator: This special World Tea Conference + Expo educational program is for anyone considering starting a tea business, just starting a tea business, or looking for knowledge about the tea business sector. Kevin Gascoyne, tea buyer and tea taster with Camellia Sinensis tea room in Canada, will lead the program, which also includes: Don Ho, founder of BDH Consultants; Nishchal Banskota, founder of Nepal tea; Shabnam Weber
President of the Tea and Herbal Association of Canada; Sharyn Johnston, CEO of Australian tea masters; and Babette Donaldson from International Society of Tea Drinkers and T Ching.
– Immersive workshops: The 2022 event will also feature in-depth tea workshops, including tea flights (which replaces the Origins Tasting Tour). Tea Flights will feature quick 30-minute tastings of the most popular teas and herbs from different growing regions. This will give attendees the opportunity to taste and learn what each region produces and which flavor profiles to look for. There will also be a special drawing from one of the countries for a trip for two (plane ticket not included) for a tea tour. Other workshops include “The Language of Taste” with Chris MacNitt / Johnston, Head of Tea Development at Starbucks, and “Teas from China: an in-depth tasting journey” with Lydia Kung, owner of Verileaf.
– Tea magnates: This exciting rewards program – first held at the World Tea Virtual Summit in March 2021 – is back for 2022 with a live program in Las Vegas. This is an opportunity for new tea companies to benefit from the ultimate marketing exposure, as the finalists present the judges to the NxT stage of the exhibition, much like the TV shows where the entrepreneurs present. their revolutionary companies. The Tea Tycoons program celebrates and honors emerging small businesses that produce innovative products for the global tea industry. Nominations are now open for tea moguls (nominations close Jan. 15, 2022), and winners will be based on three categories: unique customer relationships, sustainability, and innovation. Winners will receive pre-show and on-site recognition at the World Tea Conference & Expo, among other benefits.
– Tea bar: The Tea Bar will showcase the latest specialty teas and infusions from around the world, as well as innovation with tea cocktails and non-alcoholic cocktails. Industry leaders will prepare and serve drinks for attendees to taste.
– 9 Dragons Tea movie night: Participants can participate in a special screening of the feature film, 9 Dragons tea, which documents the epic and untold history of tea from its ancient origins in China to Europe and America. Movie night will be hosted and presented by Cristy Hui, owner of 9 Dragons, and Bruce Richardson, founder of Elmwood Inn Fine Teas.
To learn more about the World Tea Conference + Expo, or to register, visit WorldTeaExpo.com.
To book a sponsorship or exhibition space at the World Tea Conference + Expo, co-located with Bar & Restaurant Expo, contact: Veronica Gonnello (AL companies) at [email protected] or Fadi Alsayegh (MZ companies) at [email protected].
Questex helps people live better and longer. Questex brings people together in markets that help people live better: travel, hospitality and well-being; industries that help people to live longer: life sciences and health; and the technologies that enable and fuel these new experiences. We live in the experience economy – connect our ecosystem through live events, surrounded by data insights and digital communities. We offer experience and concrete results. It is happening here.
CONTACT WITH THE MEDIA:
Ak public relations group